Recruitment – Maintenance Engineer
Belton Farm Great British Cheesemakers are passionate about making great tasting classic and contemporary award winning British cheese. An independent family run business, located near Whitchurch, Shropshire, the Beckett family have been making handcrafted cheese since 1922.
We now have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our expanding team. As the team is quite small it is important that you are multi skilled and a team player.
Maintenance Engineer Role
As Maintenance Engineer you will be expected to:
- Carry out preventative maintenance
- Ensure the plant runs to meet production requirements reacting to any breakdowns
- Have a working knowledge and be able to interrogate PLC’s when problem solving
- Problem solve and look to improve current methods
- Bring your experience and skills to projects aimed at moving the business forward to meet customer demands
- All work within production areas are expected to be carried out to the highest Food Safety Standards
- Be able to carry out full site maintenance
The successful candidate will have: –
- Process and packing experience highly desirable from a similar food manufacturing environment
- Full time served Apprenticeship, ONC or HND engineering is desirable
- The ability to build good working relationships cross functionally
- Health & Safety Qualification is desirable
- Be comfortable working as an individual or as part of a team, using own initiative to solve complex problems
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is keen to develop a career within the dairy sector with a company who will support and train them.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and expertise that you can bring to the role.
Closing Date: 21st February 2020
We're sorry but there are currently no other vacancies available at this time.