Whey Processing Operator
Belton Farm Great British Cheesemakers are passionate about making great tasting classic and contemporary award winning British cheese. An independent family run business, located in Whitchurch Shropshire, the Beckett family have been making handcrafted cheese since 1922.
We now have an opportunity for a Whey Processing Operator to join our expanding team.
Hours: Working Monday to Friday across three shifts (early, days and late shift). Flexibility to work occasional Saturdays when membrane maintenance/replacement is required.
The position requires you to work as part of a small self-contained team ensuring the plant runs smoothly during the hours of production. Filtration plant experience preferred.
The successful candidate will have experience: –
- Operating a process plant component to the required quality and process standards.
- Implementing the production plan and monitoring compliance against the plan, taking the appropriate corrective action where necessary (e.g. liaising with engineering, escalate).
- Monitoring compliance to GMP/H&S standards, SOPs and procedures.
- Completing all required paperwork to the agreed standard consistently and accurately.
- Implementing corrective action or escalating issues when processes deviate from the norm (including the WWTP alarms at night).
- Ensuring process deviations are reported as required, using the correct procedures / documentation.
- Completing root cause analysis or similar problem solving tools as directed.
- Ensuring the required samples are taken for testing by the technical department.
- Participating in Plant DMS processes.
If You Have…
- A good technical understanding of some of the whey processes or an ability to learn the technical aspects of whey processes where knowledge is lacking.
- Demonstrable understanding and willingness to comply with all food safety standards, GMP and Health and Safety consistent with working in a world class food manufacturing
- A passion for and an enthusiasm to be part of a high performing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for you as there is also potential for further career progression in this role for the right candidate.
Remuneration: negotiable dependent on experience.
For full details and applications please contact
Ian Luxton, General Manager
Tel: 01948 662125
Closing Date: 30th July 2021