This policy is supplemental to our Terms of Website Use (“Terms and Conditions”) www.beltonfarm.co.uk/terms-conditions and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.beltonfarm.co.uk (“the Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy will define the relationship between Belton Farm (registered in England and Wales under company number 01129055 whose registered office is Belton, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1JD, England) who operate the Site, and you, being the individual person or business (be that an individual, firm or corporate entity) using the Site and/or creating an account and purchasing goods through the Site and referred to hereafter as “you” or “your”.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, search for a product, place an order on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site (if any), enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may, without limitation, include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer. We do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we may use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the Site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant, related products to show you when you are browsing.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
All the information we collect via the Site or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the Site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to notify you about changes to the Site; and
• to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
• to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking with boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.