Cheshire, Bacon & Smashed Avocado Hot Cross Bun
Bacon & Smashed Avocado Hot Cross Bun
Why not make Brunch that little bit egg-stra special this Easter? This bacon, smashed avocado hot cross bun is a refreshing and healthy(ish) Spring Sunday brunch! Creamy avocado, Belton Cheshire cheese, spicy chilli, crispy bacon and refreshing chopped mint in a sweet and crunchy Hot Cross Bun!
- Serves 2
- Preparation – 15 Minutes
- 2 (toasted) Hot Cross Buns
- 1 large (smashed) Avocado
- 4 Streaky Bacon
- 1 (juiced) Lime
- 1/2 (sliced) Red Chilli
- Sprinkle of fresh (chopped) Mint
- Crumbled Belton Farm Cheshire Cheese
1. Preheat the oven at 200c
2. Cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes each side or until crispy. When turning over the bacon, add the hot cross buns as it soak’s up the leftover juices and goes crispy
3. In a bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, seasoning (extra black pepper) and half of the chopped chillies and smash with a fork until your desired consistency
4. Finally, stack the smashed avocado and crispy bacon to the toasted hot cross bun and top with Cheshire cheese, chopped mint and black pepper.
Serve warm and enjoy!